Every 4 minutes, someone new is diagnosed with a blood disease like leukemia or lymphoma that requires a marrow or stem cell transplant to save their life. These patients turn to the Be The Match Registry in hopes of finding a hero to be their marrow or stem cell donor.
YOU COULD BE THE HERO THEY NEED.
At just 6 years old, Jordon was diagnosed with leukemia. Jordon is like over 70% of patients - she has no matching donors in her own family, so her life now depends upon finding a matched marrow donor on the Be The Match Registry.
What if the patient in need were your child? ...your parent? ...your sibling? ...your spouse? Wouldn't you hope that their hero was a registered marrow donor on the Be The Match Registry? Are YOU the hero someone like Jordon will need?
It's easy to become a potential marrow donor on the Be The Match Registry. All it takes is:
- A little info about you (contact and medical info),
- Four quick cheek swabs you complete at home to provide the genetic information we will use to determine if you are someone's match, and
- A determination to follow through with your commitment when and if you are matched with a patient in need.
So, please… Give Hope. Give Life. Be A Hero.
Join the Be The Match Registry online at: http://Join.BeTheMatch.org/BeAHero
Also, as you might imagine, saving lives isn't free.
The miracle of life patients like Jordon need would be impossible without the generous contributions of the many wonderful people who help fund the registry. Be The Match relies heavily upon contributions from individuals and businesses in our community to facilitate more than 6,000 life-saving transplants each year. Proceeds will help add potential donors to the Be The Match Registry, so EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS! I hope you'll consider making a contribution today. Together we can help save lives! Please extend your generosity to those who are in need. YOU can be part of the CURE.
How YOU can help:
To make a contribution online, please click on the blue "Make a Gift" box under Jordon's photo.
To host or help at a future Be The Match event to recruit new registry members or fundraise for Be The Match, please email our Be The Match Community Engagement Representative at John.Philpott@nmdp.org.
What does Be The Match do?
Be The Match connects patients with life-saving marrow donors. We help save lives by:
- Recruiting potential donors: Be The Match manages the largest and most diverse donor registry — more than 13 million marrow donors and nearly 200,000 cord blood units.
- Supporting patients: Be The Match provides financial assistance to patients and their families to help offset costs of a marrow transplant.
- Educating doctors: Doctors turn to Be The Match to learn about transplant advances, caring for transplant patients and the importance of timely referral for transplant.
- Advancing science: Be The Match supports research to advance the science of marrow transplant, from improved donor and patient matching to improving post-transplant treatment.