Help me, help others!
Hello, my name is Priscilla Porter. I decided to be a volunteer for Be The Match Foundation because my father died from leukemia in 1977. In the 70’s, doctors didn’t talk/suggest bone marrow transplants to save the lives of cancer patients. But, if this had been an option, my father’s life could have possibly been saved and he would have had the opportunity to watch his three small children grow up to become adults and meet his two beautiful granddaughters.
With all the advances in medicine today, there still are, too many, patients dying because they can’t find a matching donor.
Every year, at least 14,000 people suffering from life-threatening diseases such as leukemia, aplastic anemia, lymphoma or sickle cell and need a transplant. A cure exists and it could be you.
There is only a 30 percent chance that patients will find a matching donor in their family. The other 70 percent will have to turn to the Be the Match Registry for help finding a donor. That’s why it is so important to add more people to the Registry. Every time ONE person joins the registry, it gives another patient another chance of finding that life-saving match.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
WILL YOU REGISTER…MAYBE GIVE SOMEONE A SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE?
Here’s How You Can Help:
1. Join the Registry!
Help us grow the bone marrow donor pool with a simple cheek swab (NO NEEDLES!). The cheek swab allows your DNA to be entered into the Be the Match database and maybe one day,you could get the call asking you if you are ready to help save a life! It is so simple to register!
- You can join at a donor drive near you;
- Organize a local donor drive yourself; or
- Request a kit: http://join.bethematch.org/Unite4Life
2. Contribute: My Fundraising Goal is $500.00!
(Donate in honor of my father, the late Nimrod Porter, I have committed to raise $500.00, to help offset the approximate $100 cost the organization incurs to test the DNA of each potential marrow donor’s cheek swab. Your “tax-deductible” donation will help to defray these costs. Any amount will help!)
Click on "Make a Gift" and make your tax-deductible contribution now, “on-line”
mail donations to:
Be The Match Foundation
ATTN: Mary LeSueur
P. O. Box 577
Potts Camp, MS 38659
**Checks should be made payable to Be The Match Foundation and be sure to include "Team Priscilla" on the memo line.
Invite your family and friends to join and contribute as well.
Our partnership will not only help raise awareness and raise much needed funds for those currently in need, it just might help save someone’s life. The need for donors is critical, on-going, and with your help, within our grasp.
Please register - give what you can!
Together, we can offer hope…. And change lives!
If you have questions pertaining to being a registered donor, receiving a tissue typing kit, organizing a marrow registration donor drive in your area, volunteering or “tax-deductible” financial donations, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Be the Match Representative, Mary LeSueur,email@example.com, (877) 601-1926, ext. 7745; or (cell) 662-403-0091. To learn more about Be the Match, operated by the National Marrow Donor Program, visit: www.bethematch.org.
Patients, are depending on us!
Everyone can help!
You may be the on