WHY I'M DOING THIS:
- Ya'll, I turn 30 on May 24th and I want to celebrate by getting 30 people registered and raising $3000!
- I don't want gifts or cards or anything (except from my husband - he is the only person not exempt LOL).
- All I want is for people to get registered or donate!
- I would also like to dedicate this fundraising/registration drive to the inimitable Robin Roberts! She has inspired me through her own journey to find a donor and I want to dedicate my efforts to her.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Any amount you can give will help add new potential marrow donors to the registry, assist patients with uninsured transplant costs and fund innovative research to improve transplant outcomes.
WHY IT'S IMPORTANT:
- When else in your life (other than having children) can you LITERALLY give the gift of life?!
- It's especially crucial for people of mixed heritage to get registered. The more blended your heritage (like mine) the harder it is to find a match.
- A marrow transplant can be a life-saving treatment for more than 70 diseases including leukemia, lymphoma and sickle cell.
- Each year, leukemia kills more children than any other cancer.
- 70% of patients in need of a marrow transplant do not have a matching donor in their family.
THE SWAB AND THE DONATION:
- To get registered you literally have to swab your cheek. It couldn't be easier.
- If you do end up donating, they put you under anesthesia and you can perform normal activities usually within 24 hours later.
To register as a donor, go here: https://join.bethematch.org/
Please help me reach my fundraising goal by making a tax-deductible contribution. Your gift delivers cures to patients desperate for a second chance at life. Every dollar counts. Together, we can make a difference!
P.S. If you Share this, use the hashtag #Amandas30for30 so we can all follow along!