Add your name - Give Now
Raised $5,000+Unlock this badge: We’re $3327 away from this badge. Give now!
Raised $10,000+Unlock this badge: We’re $8327 away from this badge. Give now!
"Hearts, Soles and Minds" is participating in this year's Be The Match Walk+Run because we know blood cancer has a cure. We need YOU to join the fight and help more patients.
We'd like you to join us by either by making a financial gift or by joining our team and helping us reach our fundraising goal.
The money we raise will help add volunteer marrow donors, help patients with transplant costs; and fund research—providing cures to more patients.
• $25 covers one clinic visit co-pay. Patients must visit the transplant clinic daily or weekly during their three to six months of outpatient recovery. Clinic co-pays can add up to $300 a month.
• $50 covers two days of meals for a patient and their caregiver during outpatient recovery.
• $100 covers the cost to add one potential marrow donor to the Be The Match Registry, giving more searching patients hope for a cure.
• $250 covers 10 monthly prescription co-pays. Many patients take 20 or more medications per day during recovery - that's $500 in prescription co-pays each month.
• $500 provides two weeks of temporary housing during recovery. If patients live more than an hour away from the transplant center they are required to relocate and live nearby for the three to six months of recovery. Many families spend $800 to $1,500 a month on temporary housing, while also covering a mortgage back home.
If you choose to join the team, on the day of the event, "Hearts, Soles and Minds for Patients" will meet up to share a treat and take a photo. Then you can walk with the team, with your friends and family or on your own (you get to participate in the way that is best for you).
Please support us and together we can show blood cancer it has met its match.
Every 3 minutes someone is diagnosed with blood cancer.
Thousands of patients with blood cancers like leukemia or other diseases like sickle cell anemia, need a marrow transplant to survive. Most patients don’t have a fully matched donor in their family — and that’s when they turn to Be The Match®. By participating in a Be The Match Walk+Run, or donating funds, you are providing life-saving support to those patients in need. Do right, join the fight.