Jackson, MI resident and Native American, David Belcourt, has Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and may need a bone marrow transplant!
How YOU can help:
1. Make a tax-deductible financial donation
Be The Match relies on our support to collect contributions from community members to further its mission. Proceeds will help patients, add potential donors to the Be The Match Registry and advance blood cancer research. I hope you'll consider making a contribution today. Together we can help save lives!
To make a tax-deductible contribution online, please click on the blue "Make a Gift" box under our photo.
2. Join the marrow donor registry (Must be 18-44 years of age to join the registry)
Friday, Februay 7, 2014
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Jackson Lumen Christi High School - Auxilary Gym
3483 Spring Arbor Rd., Jackson, MI 49203
Friday, February 21, 2014
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Ackerson Lake Community Center
4126 Brooklyn Rd., Jackson, MI 49201
Saturday, February 22, 2014
12:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Michigan State University Pow-Wow of Love
Jenison Field House
(sponsored by the MSU American Indian Science & Engineering Society)
Native American donors especially needed!
What does Be The Match do?
Be The Match connects patients with life-saving marrow donors. We help save lives by:
- Recruiting potential donors: Be The Match manages the largest and most diverse donor registry — more than 10.5 million marrow donors and nearly 185,000 cord blood units.
- Supporting patients: Be The Match provides financial assistance to patients and their families to help offset costs of a marrow transplant.
- Educating doctors: Doctors turn to Be The Match to learn about transplant advances, caring for transplant patients and the importance of timely referral for transplant.
- Advancing science: Be The Match supports research to advance the science of marrow transplant, from improved donor and patient matching to improving post-transplant treatment.
Eric Trosko, Be The Match Marrow Donor Registry, 517-488-2670
My Personal Web Log