WAU Be The Match Event!
Team Be The Match is important to me.
Team Be The Match is a nationwide community committed to helping patients in need of a marrow or umbilical cord blood transplant by raising funds to add potential marrow donors to Be The Match Registry®. By supporting me, you will help raise funds for patients in need of an unrelated marrow or umbilical cord blood transplant. Together we have the potential to truly make a difference to thousands of men, women and children in need of a life-saving transplant.
How YOU can help:
Be The Match relies on our support to collect contributions from community members to further its mission. Proceeds will help add potential donors to the Be The Match Registry®. I hope you'll consider making a contribution today. Together we can help save lives!
Why are we doing this???
There is a great need for stem cell and bone marrow donations. As a part of our Good Deeds Day, we are collaborating with Be The Match to raise awareness and add people to the National Registry as potential donors.
WAU is hosting a Be The Match Campaign event on campus to add people between the ages of 18-44 onto the Be The Match Registry®, as well as raise funds to help alleviate the cost for Be The Match to add those people to the registry. No one at the events are ever charged to join the national registry. Be The Match covers those costs but needs your help to do it! It costs Be The Match about $100 per person to add them to the registry. Any dollar you can donate is so helpful to add potential donors to the National Registry!
If you are over the age of 44, please come and support the cause! Spread the word to your family and friends who may be eligible to join.
To make a contribution online, please click on the blue "Make a Gift" box under my photo.
- The event location is: Washington Adventist University 7600 Flower Ave, Takoma Park, MD 20912
- Time/Date: Wednesday April 2nd, 01:00 PM-4:00 PM. This event is in conjunction with WAU's Good Deeds day, so come participate and do a good deed for someone by joining the registry to save a life!
What does Be The Match do?
Be The Match connects patients with life-saving marrow donors. We help save lives by:
- Recruiting potential donors: Be The Match manages the largest and most diverse donor registry — more than 10.5 million marrow donors and nearly 185,000 cord blood units.
- Supporting patients: Be The Match provides financial assistance to patients and their families to help offset costs of a marrow transplant.
- Educating doctors: Doctors turn to Be The Match to learn about transplant advances, caring for transplant patients and the importance of timely referral for transplant.
- Advancing science: Be The Match supports research to advance the science of marrow transplant, from improved donor and patient matching to improving post-transplant treatment.
More Info on What's Involved with Donating Bone Marrow or Stem Cells:
|WAU Be The Match Event! - Join Team||Raised|
|Denotes a Team Captain|